During the summer holidays in Queensland there are number of bites and stings we need to know about and that if we manage the bite site we could save a life.
Snake bite: If you have been bitten by a snake on your arm or leg
- Don’t Panic
- Call the Ambulance no matter what snake has bitten you.
- Using a pressure immobilisation bandage, you would bandage about 3cm each side of the bite site using all of that bandage and then;
- You would start from the bottom of the limb and bandage all the way upwards to the top of the limb.
- Using a splint to secure the arm, with the leg you can splint with the other leg.
- Keep the casualty still and quiet until the Ambulance Arrives.